Thursday, August 21, 2014

What's The Use.... Preaching To A Brick Wall!

What's The Use.... Preaching To A Brick Wall!

There have been times, probably more than I'd like to admit, where my wife would be telling me things or what to do and I'd tone her out. Don't judge me, we've all done it, whether we want to admit it or not. As I survey the World we're living in I sometimes wonder if Satan has simply lulled us spiritually asleep and we've toned out our moral conscience, the Men of God who preach the true Gospel, and those in our lives trying to guide us to the right path. Without a doubt there is a shortage of truth throughout the world, in our own back yards, and even in most churches today but even with that said, there's enough "true" Gospel being preached to save the world three times over! Enough truth to revive every Born Again Christian there is. So what's the problem? Everyone hears, but no one listens. Think about it, when was the last time you truly allowed what the Man of God said change your life? I don't mean it makes you live a little better for a few weeks or makes you commit to praying more, that is until you forget about it months later. But truly listening, applying it to the tables of your heart, and letting it change your life COMPLETELY! If we're all honest, me included, this happens way too little. We tend to have an "I know it all" attitude, that's why you always hear the amen's and very few oh me's! The Lord says if we HUMBLE ourselves and TURN from our wicked ways, then He would hear from Heaven and HEAL our land! Humility is scarce in our culture anymore, we're always right, and if not, then we have some excuse as to why, and you better believe it's not our fault! Does this sound familiar? It does to me! Understand, this is not self righteousness, I know how vile and wrong I tend to be, and in humility I crawl before a mighty God and plead for the blood of his precious Son! Sometimes though, I feel like if i didn't preach on Sunday no one would even miss it. There have been innumerable number of times I've thrown in the towel and told the Lord I was done, but I remembered men of renown that set an example of commitment and pushing through no matter the cost. I think of Isaiah, preached and prophesied for up to 64 years with not one convert! NO ONE LISTENED FOR 64 YEARS! Now tell me again how hard your ministry is! I remember Jeremiah, talking of how the Spirit is as fire shut up in my bones, I can't quit! I hear the Word as it tells us to do everything we do with all our might, all for the glory of the Lord! You don't live your life, perform your ministry, preach the Word, help the needy, witness to the lost, sing songs of praise, or anything for that matter, for anyone except Christ alone! You have an audience of One and as long as you're obedient to Him and fulfill what He asks nothing else matters! It took me a long time to learn that success in the ministry isn't based on the number of people in the seats, the amount of money in the offering plate, whether the majority liked or agreed with my message, or if there was a good response at invitation! Success is found solely in obedience to Christ. So my friends, press on, preach on, teach on, live on, all for the cause of Christ! This is how messed up the human mentality is, God told Isaiah no one would listen to the message yet he said "send me." He preached gladly to no change. Yet Jonah ran from the call, finally gave in and preached to Nineveh where the greatest revival ever took place, upwards of 150,000 people turned to the Lord, and Jonah got mad!!!!  It's just a heart problem, we can't change people, we  won't see everyone saved, but if we fight the good fight of faith there WILL be laid up for us a crown of righteousness. And that isn't based on one single person responding to what God asked you to! It's simply if you obeyed the call!

Isaiah 6:8-12King James Version (KJV)

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
11 Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate,
12 And the Lord have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.

2 Chronicles 7:14King James Version (KJV)

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Jeremiah 20:9King James Version (KJV)

Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.

Jeremiah 20:9King James Version (KJV)

Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.

Colossians 3:23-24King James Version (KJV)

23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment