Monday, August 18, 2014

The World Doesn't Have A Deaf Ear, We Just Have A Silent Voice!

When I sit back and take a moment to look deep into the reality of our present world, I'm frightened! Frightened for my children, my grandchildren, and all those who will come after our generation. I want to go back in time to my childhood. I grew up in a LOUD family. I loved family get togethers with my Nanny, aunts, cousins, etc. It was great! But I learned at an early age that if I wanted to be heard, I better be the loudest! In my house, if you did't speak loud and with a firm belief in what you were saying, you could forget getting what you wanted. My daughter is privileged to attend a Christian school. Everyday she is taught the Word of God, says the Pledge of Allegiance, prays to Jesus, and I never have to worry about her learning false theories such as evolution. But what about all the other kids? What about Timmy down the street, what about our future president that goes to public schools, what about my future doctor, what about our future leaders? As The Church we have FAILED miserably! One woman took prayer out of school. Little by little our religious freedoms are challenged based on a misinterpretation of our constitution! In fifty short years our blessed nation has turned their backs on their Christian heritage, walked away from moral decency, and integrity is hard to come by anymore. I'm scared to death, scared of the battles my child's going to face in the coming years! We brush aside the persecutions we see in foreign lands but it's inevitable, if we continue on our downward spiral, it's coming to our land soon! Not because they have more power, more numbers, but they're louder than the Church! We have been silent far too long! When you're dead and gone, who's going to cry out then? We better get to work before it's too late. And if I'm honest, it may be too far gone already. Regardless, even if that's the case, we are still bound to proclaim the good news of the Gospel! When the Lord ascended he commissioned us to make disciples of the world! We are called to be the voice, the mouth piece of God! Yet we are silent. After all God has done, we are silent! He saved us from a Devil's Hell, silence. He healed us of all manner of infirmities, silence. He saved our marriage, silence. He broke our addiction, silence. After all He's done and we sit back let the world fall away. I don't know about you, but if we are ever going to be heard, we better be the loudest! After all He's done we should be shouting it from the roof tops! Don't be silent. Let's start a movement! Let's make waves! Let's keep "In God We Trust" where it belongs!


Psalm 30 King James Version (KJV)

30 I will extol thee, O Lord; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.
Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.
Lord, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.
Lord, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled.
I cried to thee, O Lord; and unto the Lord I made supplication.
What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? shall it declare thy truth?
10 Hear, O Lord, and have mercy upon me: Lord, be thou my helper.
11 Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;
12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment