Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Cast Your Stones At Me, God Will Use Them To Build Me Up!


Since being in the ministry I've endured ridicule, persecution, and back biting, usually at the hands of those who claim to be my brother's and sister's in Christ. I never imagined that living for Christ would be swamped in opposition. Of course I expected some from the world as they blindly follow Satan, but my brother's in Christ. Never in my wildest imagination could I have expected such behavior, but it happened. Did I get angry? Yes. Did I question God in the midst of those battles? Yes. Did I question myself, my motives, my actions, my heart, and my vision? Absolutely! Did I quit? NEVER! I learned that the offense is inevitable, the Word of God teaches this plainly, but it also teaches us that through Christ we shall overcome! Who ever said the old phrase "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" had obviously never been reviled and persecuted by people they loved! If we're in the wrong frame of mind at these moments of life they will destroy our faith, our fire, and our ministry. They lead to depression, divorces, suicides, getting out of the ministry completely, and even walking away from the Lord in apostasy! When we give our accusers the power to dictate our reaction we are placing our worth in them! Your worth is in Christ alone! You will not please everyone, you will not save everyone, and you better believe there will be those that despise you for what you stand for in Christ! Press On! I've simply learned that if I place my joy, peace, and worth in Jesus Christ and Him alone then every stone that is thrown at me God will use it to build me up! It's your choice, you can let it do what the accuser meant it to do which is tear you down or you can let it do for you what God meant it for, TO BUILD YOU UP IN HIM! Press on, no weapon formed against you will stand! Let God settle it, for vengeance is mine saith the Lord!

Matthew 5:10-12King James Version (KJV)

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Matthew 18:7King James Version (KJV)

Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

Isaiah 54:17King James Version (KJV)

17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.

Romans 12:19King James Version (KJV)

19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Genesis 50:20King James Version (KJV)

20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment