Monday, August 25, 2014

Careful and Troubled, But ONE Thing Is Needful!


I absolutely love ministry! Serving our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, feeding the hungry, clothing the destitute and naked, visiting those in prison, comforting the sick, praying with the deprived, visiting the widows. Understand, these thing are a DIRECT result of salvation(born-again). If these, along with the fruit of the spirit(love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance) aren't present in your life then you are blinded and Christ is far from you, much less your savior. With that said, I find myself taking on more than I can handle in the ministry very often. God revealed to us a clear picture that we must have rest through the creation account, a rest that is found in communion with God. Faith without works is dead but rest assured that works without faith is dead too. So many nights I lay in bed and my mind races with thoughts of what else I could have done for Christ throughout the day, what else I could have done to help someone, what else could I have done to "change" the world. After that I feel absolutely horrible, I feel like a failure, I feel as though God is looking down, shaking his head is disdain because I just didn't do enough. It took me along time to realize this was a ploy of Satan, and I have to reign that in every single day of my life. Many times I even feel guilty taking time for myself or my family. Those of you in ministry understand. For a long time I lived my Christian life as a Martha, careful and troubled of many things! One day it hit me, Luke
10:41 & 42, all this time I was missing out on the greatest moments of my Christian life, time alone with Christ, simply worshipping! Martha was distraught, and troubled at all there was to do FOR the Lord and forgot the ONE THING THAT WAS NEEDFUL to the Lord, worshipping Christ alone! Communion with Christ must be at the top of the list of things to do daily. If we commune with Him first He'll lead us in everything else He wants us to do, and when we lay down at night, we can lay down satisfied not terrified! There's freedom in worship, peace in praise, and anointing in communion! Who have you been? Martha or Mary?

Luke 10:38-42King James Version (KJV)

38 Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.
39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

Matthew 25:31-46King James Version (KJV)

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Galatians 5:22-23King James Version (KJV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

No comments:

Post a Comment